About the University of Utah Science & Engineering Fair (USEF)/International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF): The University of Utah Science & Engineering Fair is operated by the Center for Science and Mathematics Education (CSME) at the University of Utah.
This annual science competition for students in grades 5-12 stimulates student interest in science and technology while promoting skills in communication, decision-making, alternative solution evaluation, and critical thinking. USEF is pleased to showcase the inquisitive natures and scientific discoveries of some of the best and brightest young minds from dozens of schools in Utah. It also addresses several concerns across Utah and the nation:
- Supporting and promoting employment skills in mathematics, science, and engineering;
- Developing the critical need for more qualified teachers in these areas; and
- ‘Raising the floor’—ensuring all citizens are equipped with math and science knowledge to contribute to society.
Links and Resources
- Entry Forms for 2022-23 in English and Spanish
- Go here to see the results of our Murray PTA Science Fair for 2023
- Display Board Tips
- Elementary Engineering Project Scaffolding_
- Judging Guidelines MSD Science Fair
- ELEMENTARY RUBRIC.doc
- MSD Science fair score sheet
- Scaffold for Designing and Conducting Experiments Elementary
- Student Workbook 2016
- Suggested Guidelines to Advance at District Fair